Medolark is an informal environment. The less clothing packed, usually the better! One duffel and a suitcase or two duffels is the maximum amount of luggage needed at camp. Trunks are highly discouraged as we have minimal storage for them at camp. Trunks are too large to fit into our charter buses or to check onto flights. There is a service you can use to have your camper’s gear picked up at your home and delivered directly to Camp Med-O-Lark. Each camper has a 3-4 drawer dresser or shelving unit into which to unpack.
This is a framework, please feel free to pack more or less as you see fit to do. Please use common sense in collecting things to include in the packing. Please label all items with the camper’s name for the sake of lost and found.
Camp laundry is done every 7-8 days, so pack for that length of time. Please pre-wash all new colored clothing. The laundry is returned to camp the very next day after it is sent out for washing. All laundry is done in cold water; please leave delicates at home.
- Laundry Bag (with your Camper’s name written across it)
- 6 Pairs of shorts (both exercise and casual)
- 10 Long and short sleeve t-shirts
- 3 Long pants including sweatpants or athletic pants (for campfire or cooler days)
- 3 Bathing suits
- 1 Raincoat or poncho
- 5 Washable Facemasks
- 1 Pair of solid shoes (for rainy weather)
- 3 Pairs of shoes (sandals, sneakers, closed toed shoes)
- 3 Warm jackets, sweatshirts, or pullovers
- 1 Dress Outfit (for art show at the end of 4 week session)
- 3 Pairs of pajamas for both warm and cool nights
- 1 Bathrobe (optional)
- 10+ Pairs of underwear and socks
- 2-3 Towels for both swimming and bathing
- 2 Washcloths
- 2 Pillowcases (we provide pillows)
- 1 Flashlight and extra batteries
- 1 Small bug spray (non-aerosol) and Sunscreen
- 1 Sleeping bag (or comforter) and 2 sheets (twin size)
- 1 Water bottle
- Other toiletries (Shampoo, Soap, Toothpaste, Brush, Deodorant, Brush, Comb etc.)
- 1 day bag for trips (optional)
- Stamps for postage
- Sunglasses or hat
- Easily transportable musical instruments (like flute, clarinet, violin, recorder, trumpet, guitar, bass)
- Camera (Pictures taken by the camp can be found under the “Photos and Email” tab on the homepage)
- Costumes, dance outfits, ballet or jazz shoes
- iPods in cabins only (not including iPod Touches or anything with WiFi capabilities) – Camp assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed electronics, either while campers are in transit or at camp
- Batteries for any electronic needs and relevant chargers
- Remember, there are no camp uniforms. There is no need to buy such clothes.
- DO NOT bring weapons, hunting knives, squirt guns, sparklers or fireworks, chewing gum, food (nut products are not allowed on camp), or expensive jewelry.
- Cell phones are NOT permitted at camp. Campers are offered use of our camper phones, and we mush adhere to this policy to be fair to all campers. (Phone cards are no longer needed)
- Medication must be kept at the health office